How do you abbreviate superintendent? There are two common ways to abbreviate superintendent.
- Supt. of Orlando School District
- Building Super
The plural abbreviation of superintendent is supts. or “supers”.
When to Use This Abbreviation
This abbreviation is usually found in a position or title. You might abbreviate the word superintendent to Supt. on a business card or a nameplate. It is also common to see such abbreviations in headlines or newspaper titles where space is a concern.
Outside of professional titles or headlines, the word is not abbreviated in general prose.
What Does Superintendent Mean?
Definition of Superintendent: Superintendent is defined as a person who manages or superintends and organization or activity.
- The Superintendent. Of Schools will be visiting our 5th grade class this morning.
- The superintendent let himself in and fixed the leak under our sink.
The word superintendent functions as a noun in the sentence.
Outside Examples of Superintendent
- A Bronx school superintendent at the center of an alleged effort to keep black and Hispanic kids out of a Riverdale elementary school has resigned, the Daily News has learned. –New York Daily News
- Police Deputy Superintendent Nnamdi Omoni said police acted on intelligence to attack the kidnappers “den” in an operation that began Saturday and ended Sunday evening. –Newsday
Summary: Superintendent Abbreviation
There are two common abbreviations of superintendent: supt. and “Super”. If you want to make either of these plural, simply add on an “s.”