How do you abbreviate quarterly? There are two common ways to abbreviate quarterly.
- qtly. audit
- qr. peer review
When to Use This Abbreviation
This abbreviation is usually found in accounting, banking, bookkeeping, and in shorthand note taking.
You might abbreviate the word quarterly to qtly. on a quarterly business report or result for a three month period, on a budget, or in any reference to one-fourth of a calendar year.
It is also common to see such abbreviations in headlines or newspaper titles where space is a concern. Outside of professional titles or headlines, the word is not abbreviated in general prose.
What Does Quarterly Mean?
Definition of Quarterly: Quarterly is defined as done, produced, or occurring once every quarter of a year; once every quarter of a year; magazine published four times a year.
- Our quarterly Block Watch meeting is Wednesday.
- Interest is paid quarterly.
- The “Gentlewoman’s Quarterly”, a new journal for women, has been very successful!
Outside Examples of Quarterly
- Micro-blogging website operator Twitter Inc reported quarterly revenue below Wall Street expectations, hurt by weak monthly user growth. –Newsweek
- Gov. Chris Christie on Monday vetoed bills pushed by legislative Democrats seeking to force the state to make quarterly payments to the state pension system, and to make a $300 million “prepayment” for the last fiscal year. –The Star Ledger
Summary: Quarterly Abbreviation
There are two common abbreviations of quarterly: qtly. and qr.