How do you abbreviate manufacturing? The word manufacturing has a few common abbreviations.
The most common abbreviations for manufacturing are,
When to Use This Abbreviation
Manufacturing is a word often used in technology, construction, and other types of business that involves the making or building of something.
Like most abbreviations, the abbreviation of manufacturing is not acceptable to use in academic or formal writing, but it is often used in business writing where individuals share the same jargon and are familiar with abbreviations.
What Does Manufacturing Mean?
Definition of manufacturing: The word manufacturing is a noun and refers to an industry in which the business is making a product.
- For many years, Detroit was the hub for the manufacturing of cars; it is still called the Motor City because of the Ford and Chevy plants there.
- Technology has impacted the need for workers in the manufacturing industry.
Manufacturing can also be used as a verb, where it means to make something on a large scale using machinery.
- This facility is manufacturing our latest product.
Outside Examples of Manufacturing
- Manufacturers like them (lithium batteries) because they weigh less and pack considerably more energy into the same space than other types of batteries. –New York Post
- The training center at Richard J. Daley College will prepare students for jobs in the technology-driven manufacturing field. –Chicago Sun Times
There are few different ways to abbreviate the word manufacturing. The most common of which are,