How do you abbreviate management? The word management has a few common abbreviations.
The most common abbreviations for management are,
Of these three, Mgmt. is probably the most common.
When to Use This Abbreviation
Like most abbreviations, abbreviations for management should not in academic writing or other official documents. In these settings, it is customary to spell out the full word.
Abbreviations are, however, commonly used in communication within a business setting; these abbreviations are considered understood by people within a work situation and can appear in memos, emails, etc.
What Does Management Mean?
Definition of management: The word management is a noun and refers
to the process of dealing with or controlling things or people.
- In order to get better results, we need better time management.
Management can also refer to a group of people within a company.
- Management has decided to give everyone a Christmas bonus this year.
- Logan has worked so hard that by the end of the summer he will be promoted to management.
Outside Examples of Management
- The U.S. Bureau of Land Management has dropped a research effort that would have led to the surgical sterilization of more than 200 wild mares at a facility in Oregon. – The Washington Post
- Ain, chief executive of Kronos, a maker of work force management software, says leadership is the greatest factor that affects shareholder value. – The New York Times
There are few different abbreviations of management. The most common of which are,