How do you abbreviate junction? There is one common way to abbreviate junction.
- Pinal & Cochise R.R. Jct.
The repair is to be made at the N.E. JCT
The plural abbreviation of junction is jcts. or JCTs. Note that the second example shows JCT in its capitalized form with no period following, but followed by a small “s”.
When to Use This Abbreviation
This abbreviation is usually found on highway or traffic signs. It is a proper noun in many cities with the word as part of the highway’s official name.
You might abbreviate the word junction to jct. on shorthand notes or, as mentioned above, on street signs or highway markers.
Outside of such instances, the word is generally spelled out in written prose.
What Does Junction Mean?
Definition of Junction: Junction is defined as a point where two or more things are joined.
- As we approached the junction in the road, we were at odds as to whether to go the right or left. Luckily, we made the right guess and arrived at the reception ahead of our less fortunate mates, who had chosen the left!
- I sat on a ledge at the junction of the two rivers and contemplated the next line I would write in my poetry journal.
The word junction functions as a noun in the sentence.
Outside Examples of Junction
- Earlier, a Palestinian teenager was killed while she was trying to stab two Israeli women at a junction popular with Jewish settlers, police said. She was run down by a Jewish settler and shot by security forces. –Newsweek
- When the Twins announced July 18 that Terry Ryan was fired as general junction, they indicated they would like to have a permanent replacement in place by the end of the regular season. –Minneapolis Star Tribune
Summary: Junction Abbreviation
There is one common abbreviation of junction: jct. (JCT) If you want to make it plural, simply add on an “s.”