How do you abbreviate immediately? There is one common way to abbreviate immediately.
- Immed. fire evacuation drill
The word immediately has no plural form; therefore, there is no plural form of the abbreviation.
When to Use This Abbreviation
This abbreviation is usually found in the context of orders or urgent deadlines for all occupations or activities.
You might abbreviate the word immediately to immed. on warning signs placed around a building for instructions in case of a fire or other emergency.
In general prose, however, the word would be completely spelled out.
What Does Immediately Mean?
Definition of Immediately: Immediately is defined as at once; instantly; without any intervening space.
- The service tonight has been unacceptable. May I speak with the manager immediately?
- I won’t ask you again. Fetch your sister immediately!
The word immediately functions as an adverb in the sentence.
Outside Examples of Immediately
- The San Francisco bank said Stumpf is retiring effective immediately and so relinquishing his title as chairman. –Minneapolis Star Tribune
- Although the couples fought for the right to wed for years, their weddings came together in a flurry when a three-judge panel of the 9th U.S Circuit Court of Appeals issued a brief order Friday afternoon dissolving, “effective immediately,” the stay it had imposed on gay marriages while the lawsuit challenging the ban advanced through the courts. –Orange County Register
Summary: Immediately Abbreviation
There is one common abbreviation of immediately: immed. Remember, there is no plural for the word immediately, so we cannot correctly pluralize the abbreviation.