How do you abbreviate environmental? There are two common ways to abbreviate environmental.
- Envr. Mgr.
- Ck. list for environ. volunteers
There is no plural abbreviation of the word environmental.
When to Use This Abbreviation
This abbreviation is usually found in scientific endeavors, can be found widely used in publications both scientific and common, given the renewed interest and awareness of the world community.
You might abbreviate the word environmental to environ. on a business card or badge for associates of environmental agencies, or on related reports. It is also common to see such abbreviations in headlines or newspaper titles where space is a concern.
Outside of agency titles, scientific journals or headlines, the word is not abbreviated in general prose.
What Does Environmental Mean?
Definition of Environmental: Environmental is defined as relating to the natural world and the impact of human activity on its condition; relating to or arising from a person’s surroundings.
- Environmental awareness has been renewed in the new generation.
- The case worker argued that environmental factors were partially to blame for the violent behavior of the then ten year old boy.
The word environmental functions as an adjective in the sentence.
Outside Examples of Environmental
- The state Legislature has rejected a controversial measure that would have shifted the political balance of Southern California’s air-quality board by adding three state-appointed “environmental justice” members to represent low-income communities suffering from pollution. –Los Angeles Times
- Whole Foods Reaches $3.5M Environmental Waste Settlement –Hartford Courant
There are two common abbreviations of environmental: envi. and envir. Neither abbreviation should be pluralized.