How do you abbreviate Dermatology? There are two common ways to abbreviate dermatology.
- School of Derm.
- Dermatol. Hunt Bluslicker
The plural abbreviation of dermatology is derms. or dermatols.
When to Use This Abbreviation
This abbreviation is usually found in the specialty field of its name or in publications specific to that field. You might abbreviate the word dermatology to derm. or dermatol. in medical shorthand note taking, on a medical order, on a patient record, or perhaps on a departmental sign.
Outside of the medical profession or shorthand note taking, the word is not abbreviated in general prose.
What Does Dermatology Mean?
Definition of Dermatology: Dermatology is defined as the branch of medicine concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of skin disorders.
- His appointment at the School of Dermatology is at 3:00pm on Thursday.
- Beardsly is the Head of Dermatology.
Outside Examples of Dermatology
- “I assume you’re gonna leave this off, don’t put this s–t on the show, you know. But her skin, her skin sucks, okay,” Trump says of singer Emily West, according to the transcript. “I mean her skin, she needs some serious f—–g dermatology.” –New York Daily News
- Years later, abstract artist Franco has created several works in his “in skin” series, a group of bold, brightly colored pieces that deal with skin or skin diseases. His work was featured in Dermatology Times magazine in March. –Chicago Tribune
Summary: Dermatology Abbreviation
There are two common abbreviations of Dermatology: derm. and dermatol.
If you want to make either of these plural, simply add on an “s.”