How do you abbreviate Credit? There is one common way to abbreviate credit.
- A cr. or dr.? (credit or debit)
The plural abbreviation of credit is crs.
When to Use This Abbreviation
This abbreviation is usually found in finance, accounting and bookkeeping, on loan applications, in relation to college courses, in the processing of retail returns, or as an acknowledgment at the end of a movie or book.
The most common place this word might be abbreviated is on a financial report or some similar accounting reporting. Outside of these specific instances, the word is not abbreviated in general prose.
What Does Credit Mean?
Definition of Credit: Credit is defined as the ability of a customer to obtain goods or services before payment, based on the trust that payment will be made in the future; an entry recording a sum received, listed on the right-hand side or column of an account; publicly acknowledge someone as a participant in the production of (something published or broadcast); add (an amount of money) to an account.
- Jean was new to bookkeeping and was having trouble understanding credits and debits.
- I credit Jocko with getting the job done!
Outside Examples of Credit
- The GOP bill would go further, prohibiting the use of new federal tax credits to purchase any plan that covers abortions. –Los Angeles Times
- What could be a boon for some homebuyers — their credit scores will get a surprise boost — might prove worrisome for mortgage lenders, landlords and others who depend on credit reports to evaluate their potential customers. –Chicago Tribune
Summary: Credit Abbreviation
There is one common abbreviation of credit: cr. If you want to make this abbreviation plural, simply add on an “s.”