How do you abbreviate associated? There are two common ways to abbreviate associated.
- Brushes, trays and all assocd. supplies
- asso. students
There is no plural of the word associated; therefore the abbreviations cannot be pluralized.
When to Use This Abbreviation
Generally speaking, abbreviations such as assocd. or asso will not appear in prose or similarly written texts. They are reserved for newspaper titles, headlines, shorthand notes, or other areas where space is a concern.
Outside of newspaper titles, headlines, or shorthand notes the word is not abbreviated in general prose.
What Does Associated Mean?
Definition of Associated: Associated is defined as (of a person or thing) connected with something else; (of a company) connected or amalgamated with another company or companies; CHEMISTRY (of liquids) in which the molecules are held together by hydrogen bonding or other weak interaction.
- Herbert is associated with the Lion’s Club in Phoenix.
- I must check with my associate before committing to any time limits.
The word associated functions as a verb in the first sentence, as a noun in the second.
Outside Examples of Associated
- Adding to the mystery of why gas didn’t power up in Colorado are abundant supplies of “associated” gas pouring out of Weld County, which until late 2014 benefited from a huge drilling boom, and extremely low gas prices. –The Denver Post
- They asked if we were militias. We said we’re not militias, we are Iraqi forces, and these are our beliefs,” he told the Associated Press. –New York Post
Summary: Associated Abbreviation
There are two common abbreviations of associated: assocd. and asso. Neither abbreviation can be pluralized.