How do you abbreviate arrival? There a few common ways to abbreviate arrival.
- Arr. at Kennedy Airport.
- The ar. of the King.
- Flight 23 arrvl. 6:00pm.
The plural abbreviation of arrival is arrs., ars., or arrvls.
When to Use This Abbreviation
This abbreviation can be found in airports, in relation to new fashion, and in shorthand note taking.
You might see the word arrival abbreviated to arr., ar., or arrvl. on airport flight boards. It is also common to see such abbreviations in headlines, newspaper titles, or anywhere that space is of concern.
Outside of these specific instances, the word is not abbreviated in general prose.
What Does Arrival Mean?
Definition of Arrival: Arrival is defined as the action or process of arriving; a person who has arrived somewhere; the emergence or appearance of a new development, phenomenon, or product.
- His arrival coincided with mine.
- The new arrival is in cubicle 4
- The improved sauce made its debut arrival at the Grand Grocery.
The word arrival functions as a noun in the above sentences.
Outside Examples of Arrival
- Upon their arrival they found a man later identified as Christopher Jenkins had died from gunshot injuries, police said. –Hartford Courant
- Chris Christie says he would “veto on arrival” proposed legislation that would provide state funds to sanctuary cities in New Jersey that lose federal funding for not enforcing federal immigration laws. –Newsday
Summary: Arrival Abbreviation
There are a few common abbreviations of arrival: arr., ar., and arrvl. If you want to make one of these plural, simply add on an “s.”