Writing Explained Annual Essay Scholarship
The mission of this site is to help people become better writers. Pursuant to that goal, Writing Explained has established a scholarship program to assist students in their journey through college.
Through this program, we hope to spark students’ curiosity for the written word and to help alleviate the cost of a quality education.
This scholarship is awarded to two students at participating institutions on an annual basis in the amount of $500, pending funding. The winner will display proficiency in writing, reading, and communication through an essay submission.
- Applicant must be a full time student at a college or university.
- Applicant must have a 3.5 GPA or higher.
- Applicant must submit 750-word topical essay (details below).
- Deadlines for entry are May 1 of every calendar year.
- Scholarship recipient is announced September 1 of every calendar year.
The essay topic for the 2016-2017 academic school year is How does good writing lead to clarity in thought?
Official Rules and Requirements
To apply, please send your essay along with the following information to scholarships @ writingexplained.org.
– The subject of the email must include “Writing Explained Essay Scholarship Submission.”
– Essays should be submitted in an MS Word document entitled firstname-lastname.docx.
– Do NOT submit essays in PDF format.
– Include in the body of the email your:
Expected Year of Graduation
Based on How Many Credit Hours
Why Are Your Applying For This Scholarship?
What Are Your Education and Career Goals?
If you have any further questions about application requirements or essay submission, please contact jordan @ writingexplained.org.