How do you abbreviate associate? There is one common way to abbreviate associate.
- Merchandising Assoc.
The plural abbreviation of associate is assocs.
When to Use This Abbreviation
You might see the word associate abbreviated as assoc. on a business card or a nameplate. It is also common to abbreviate the title of someone in a byline for a newspaper.
Generally speaking, however, this abbreviation will not appear in prose or similarly written texts. It is reserved for titles, name tags, shorthand notes, or other areas where space is a concern.
What Does Associate Mean?
Definition of Associate: Associate is defined as to connect (someone or something) with something else in one’s mind; a partner or colleague in business or at work; a person with limited or subordinate membership in an organization.
- Many people associate wealth with happiness, though history shows this to be false.
- The associate on the floor was unable to process my return so the manager was called to the service desk.
Outside Examples of Associate
- Antonin Scalia, senior associate justice of the Supreme Court, was found dead Saturday at the Cibolo Creek Ranch in Texas, near Marfa. –Newsweek
- I am also pleased to have former Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly, U.S District Court Judge Loretta Preska and Dr. Jeanette Cueva, associate clinical professor of psychiatry at Columbia University, and an expert in child psychiatry, to serve as an independent oversight committee. –New York Daily News
- When the Twins announced July 18 that Terry Ryan was fired as general associate, they indicated they would like to have a permanent replacement in place by the end of the regular season. –Minneapolis Star Tribune
Summary: Associate Abbreviation
There is one common abbreviation of associate: assoc. If you want to make the abbreviation plural, simply add on an “s.”